Friday 8 April 2011

Why so quiet?

TICKETS! (<---- that's a link by the way, why don't you click on it?)

...er, I wrote tickets first cos I don't think there's many left so you'd better hurry if you're going to get some. But I haven't even told you what they're tickets for yet, so if you've just bought some then you are a very trusting person and should be congratulated. Here's what you've just bought a ticket for; it's a gig in London, the gig is featuring none-other than King Creosote and Jon Hopkins, who's new collaborative record 'Diamond Mine' has been keeping my ears happy for the last few weeks - it really is very good and you should check it out. As well as them though little 'ol me is going to be playing support, so if I'm your cup of tea then maybe you ought think about being there. It's not going to be my usual club-tinged set of kick-drums galore though, it's going to be a subtler affair with some stripped-back ambient reworking of a few of the tracks from Holkham Drones as well as a couple of new things I've been working on. Jon has mentioned to me that it's going to be candle lit too, so if I start getting romantic (i.e. hitting on you with bad chat up lines) while I play then you know why... I might even buy a smoking jacket for the show. [FYI, that's sarcasm, you know I already have a wardrobe full of smoking jackets ready for every occasion!] ...25th May by the way, but it'll say that on the ticket you just bought.

AND ANOTHER THING, what's going on with my totally lame lack of updating you with my up coming gigs? Well, let me tell you, I'm going to do that updating very soon, maybe even later today. I've just been away so much doing gigs that I haven't had time to tell you about it. And also I'm trying to avoid having to use that freakin' awful myspace interface, myspace is shit. But keep your ear to the ground, cos I've got some pretty exciting gigs coming up, including a little excursion to Canada with Mr Holden which I am particularly excited about, so if you're Canadian then maybe soon we will meet. But there's no gigs very soon, I've got the rest of this month to sit in my studio and work on new things, fun!