Thursday 16 October 2008

Drum machine, oh drum machine...

I've been seriously considering the purchase of an Elektron Machinedrum.  Since I sold my Jomox XBase09 to Nathan, I have tried to satisfy my drum machine hunger with an MFB Kult, which, despite its size and limited controls, is really great... but it's not got that magic wonder that the Machinedrum seems to offer.  So, as is often the way with moments of gear-lust, I hit on youtube to see if I could talk my self out of it.  It almost worked because the majority of youtube videos feature the dullest of the dull minimal-beat workouts that make me want quit doing dance music and live in the forrest in a shed with only a Putney for company.  But then I found this video...

...and now I want to live in a shed in the forrest with a Machinedrum.